Thursday, September 20, 2012

Value portrait

1. Explain the process you went through to develop your drawing.
     To develop my drawing I had to mark where all of the values and where they are. When I was done with that I started shading them in one by one. I had to erase some of the lines to make it look...normal.
2. Explain how you found the different values in the portrait?
    When I was looking for the different values in the portrait I just looked for the darker parts of the photo. There were some values that I had to really look for because they were faint. Over all the values were mot that hard to find and i found most all of them.
3.  Did you achieve a full range of the different values within your portrait?  How?
     I think I achieved a full range of values in atleast one part of the picture. When I was doing the face I think I only used about one or two values but the over all picture used most of the values on the chart. I did have some trouble matching the values but it was pretty easy.
4. Describe your craftsmanship.  Is the artwork executed and crafted neatly?
    Honestly I dont think I did a very good job on the whole "executed and crafted neatly". In my perspective it could of been a lot nicer drawing if we didnt have to draw the value lines. Some of the lines that I had erased showed up when I was coloring over them. This fact made it not as nice.

5. List any obstacles you had to overcome and how you dealt with them.
    - Making the values blend and not be one big color. I had trouble with that because when I overlaped the pencil it made it darker.
    - I couldnt draw the face features correctly. The nose was the hardest for me because I couldnt make it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment